Originally established as Mount McKinley National Park in 1917, at only a fraction of the size designated today, the park was set up to protect Dall sheep native to the area. Included in the Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act of 1980, Denali National Park and Preserve was expanded and renamed to reflect the Native Athabascan language.
Today the park encompasses more than 6 million acres, centered around Mount McKinley; standing 20,237 feet.
Special Edition Denali National Park Pin measures 3/4''W x 1 1/4''H.
This product has not yet been reviewed.