The Fordyce opened March 1, 1915. Totaling approximately 28,000 square feet, the Fordyce is the largest bathhouse on the Row. It has three main floors, two courtyards, and a basement under most of the building. The Fordyce became the first bathhouse on the Row to go out of business when it suspended operations on June 30, 1862, but was extensively restored by 1989 and is now enjoying a renaissance as a historically furnished museum. It also functions as the park's visitor center.