Arlington House is the house where two generals, George Washington and Robert E. Lee, are connected.
It was built by George Washington Parke Custis and his slaves between 1802 and 1818 as not only a home, but also as a memorial to our first President.
Custis was the adopted grandson of George Washington and the father-in-law of Robert E. Lee. During the Civil War the estate was occupied by Union troops and by the end of the war portions of the property had been converted into a cemetery which became Arlington National Cemetery.
This product has not yet been reviewed.