On April 12, 1865, a ceremony heralding the American Civil War's end was held with the laying down of arms at the Appomattox Court House. Remaining remnants of Robert E. Lee’s army, outfitted in their service uniforms marched to Richmond – Lynchburg Stage Road to formally yield arms and any other possessions symbolic of the Confederacy.
From the Civil War Collection, our statue is a reproduction of the Stacked Arms assembled by the Confederate servicemen signaling a new beginning for America. To remind us of the dire struggle America endured, the Appomattox Courthouse; the date April 9, 1865; and the words ''A New Beginning,'' are inscribed on the three sided base.
This product has not yet been reviewed.