ANP Longfellow NHS Pin - eParks - Where your purchase supports America's National Parks.

ANP Longfellow NHS Pin

Item#: 319245

$5.95

Available Options:

ANP Items:

add to cart


Share:  
       

Description

From July of 1775 to April of 1776, George Washington, then General of the Continental Army, used the Vassall House, as it was known at the time, as his base of operations.

In 1837, after accepting a professorship at Harvard, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow rented a room at the Craige House, as it had become known. Literary historians have stated that the early years Longfellow spent in the house were the start of his literary career. In 1843, the house was purchased by Longfellow's father in law and gifted to him.

In 1972, a trust  founded by Longfellow's children donated the property to the National Park Service. In 2010, the site was renamed the Longfellow House–Washington's Headquarters National Historic Site.

Product Details

  • Patch measure 1.5 x 2.7
  • Pin measures 28.5mm x 22.2mm

5.95


Customer Reviews

This product has not yet been reviewed.

Write a Review

Please login or register to write a review for this product.