The 83 foot high monument stands at the center of the battlefield. Built in 1909 by the firm McKim, Mead, and White, it marks the site of Ferguson's camp. Authorized by Congress, work was supervised by the US army Corps of Engineers.
Here amid the army's tents and wagons, the battle ended and the Loyalist forces surrendered. The monument commemorates the American victory here on October 7, 1780.
Kings Mountain National Military Park Magnet measures 2 1/2''W x 3 1/2''H.
This product has not yet been reviewed.