The Ellis Island Immigrant Station was designed by architects Edward Lippincott Tilton and William Boring. They received a gold medal at the 1900 Paris Exposition for the French Renaissance Revival design which was composed of brick laid in Femish bond and trimmed with limestone and granite. Triple arch entrances that rose well into the second story marked the east and west sides in a grand style.
More than 12 million immigrants passed through Ellis Island between 1892 and 1954. Close to 40% of all current U.S. citizens can trace at least one of their ancestors to Ellis Island.
This product has not yet been reviewed.