Castle Clinton was built as a fort just prior to the War of 1812 and was named for DeWitt Clinton, Governor of New York. Over the years, it has welcomed theater goers, immigrants, sightseers, and millions of visitors to New York Harbor.
Saved from demolition in 1946, the Castle was restored to its original design by the National Park Service. The site reopened in 1975 as Castle Clinton National Monument.
This product has not yet been reviewed.